Hi! I’m Kristyn, and I am a mom. Most days there’s nothing I’d rather be doing than spending time with my two precious children…and other days I want to hide in my room with a bar of dark chocolate and a hot cup of coffee, not caring if my kids ravage the house. Perhaps you can relate?
This blog began with a dream to pass on tips and inspiration that I have found helpful in my own journey of motherhood, and to form a community where parenting “hot topics” as well as “heart topics” can be shared and discussed. Click here to read more about what this blog is all about.
I married my incredible German husband in 2010, and my journey as a mom started in 2013 when I conceived for the first time. Unfortunately we never got to hold our first baby since I suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks, but we look forward to meeting him or her in heaven one day.
I am now a Mama to Caleb (born in 2014) and Jael (2016) and am passionate about encouraging and equipping other women to live out their callings as moms with excellence and enjoy the journey!
Our family of 4 lives in Germany, where we moved to from Canada in 2011 in order to help my mom-in-law after her stroke. My faith in Christ and experiences of miscarriage, moving overseas, learning a new language, living with my husband’s parents and raising our children bilingually are some of the sources of inspiration for my writing.
Some random facts about me:
- Before moving to Germany, I despised the taste of coffee but loved the smell. Now I enjoy both 🙂
- My favourite time of year is fall, where I can prop my feet up in front of the fireplace and read with a steaming cup of tea in my hand.
- My husband and I met in Bible School at Canada (where I got a Bachelor’s Degree in Worship & Pastoral Studies)
- I love Mexican food
- I enjoy baking, reading, scrapbooking and photography in my “spare time” (when I have it!)
- I am a teacher at heart and love being able to explain things and be a source of inspiration to others.
I’d be honoured to have you journey with me through this blog (click here to find out what it’s all about), and pray you will find the help and encouragement you need here!
A Fellow Mama with Full Hands & a Happy Heart,